We believe children deserve the best start in life and we strive to provide this through the fusion of education and care – ‘educare’..
Why For Under Fives can offer your child the best
- Highest staff to child ratios in pre-school provision (1:4 or 1:8)
- Excellent quality ‘educare’ inspected and endorsed by OFSTED
- 2.5 sqm play space per child provided in our nurseries, unlike state provision
- Early years professional staff – qualified and involved in ongoing training
- Flexibility of service 52 weeks of the year
- Continuity of care
- Development records for every child
- Small family groups cared for by keyworkers
- Real parent-staff partnerships fostered
- Registered for three + four year government funding
TAPESTRY ONLINE LEARNING JOURNEY
Most of our nurseries use online learning journeys through a piece of educational software called ‘Tapestry’. By logging on with a secure username and password you will be able to view all of your children’s observations, photographs and video from their time at Nursery. You will even receive an email telling you when a new observation or piece of work is available for you to view. This will enable you to follow your child’s individual progress closely and you can reflect upon their achievements with your child. You can add comments so that we as a staff find out about which activities your child really enjoyed and the learning they get up to at home. Staff will reference your child’s learning to the EYFS profile so you will know which area of learning your child is achieving in and the age-band they were working in for that activity. All of this information is stored on a highly secure server which is monitored closely.
We know how much you like to see your child coming home from Nursery proudly clutching their most recent piece of work. Therefore we will photograph the pieces of work we need to keep as evidence and then it will come home with your child. For those of you who do not have access to a computer we can give access to your child’s journey on line at nursery or print off a version for you.
We are sure that you will love this new way of viewing your child’s achievements as much as we do!
E-safety is extremely important to our Nurseries, therefore we follow strict guidelines.